velocity-user mailing list archives

From Tiho Lupak <tlu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Dynamically adding macros?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:31:37 GMT
Is it possible to dynamically add new macros to a running Velocity instance ?
Or at least new macro names to an existing one?

Right now there's a static macro in macros.vm that does something like this:
----------
#macro( writeList $list)
    #foreach($item in $list)
        $item
    #end
#end
----------

In HTML pages (from the VelocityServlet), users write something like:
---------
#writeList($my_list_one)
#writeList($our_list_two)
---------

The HTML pages are however user written code, and the above syntax is always subject to errors.
A proposed change from the users would be to allow to have instead pages like:
#my_list_one
#our_list_two
but "my_list_one" and "our_list_two" are known only at runtime.

Is this possible with Velocity at all?

Thank you very much,
Tilo.