velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Velocity have a shutdown mechanism?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:07:52 GMT
No, there's no "shutdown" method.  But then, there really isn't much
to shutdown.  Velocity doesn't spawn its own threads.  There's not
really such a thing as an "engine thread" to my knowledge.  You could
have an application that init'ed 20 engines, but i don't know why
you'd want to do that.  You could have a servlet that is processing 20
requests using one or more VelocityEngines (i'd recommend one for most
cases), but again, those would be request threads and not in
Velocity's control.  What is it you see in your log file that reports
these "engine threads"?  I'm no Tomcat expert, but perhaps i can clear
up some confusion...