velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject [SURVEY] IntrospectorCache(Listener)
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 05:34:52 GMT
1) Does anyone out there actually use custom implementations of the
IntrospectorCache interface?

2) Does anyone use any IntrospectorCacheListeners?

3) Can anyone give me a use-case for IntrospectorCacheListeners?  (Henning?)

For those curious about my reasons for asking:  i'm looking at
IntrospectorBase and the classes above and seeing slight risk of
ConcurrentModificationExceptions in the way listeners are handled.
This would be trivially fixed by synchronizing the add/removeListener
methods.  However, i'm hoping to use more fine-grained synchronization
in those classes that would require potentially more hassle than the
risk.  Loads of fun, ya know.  So, if i find out the listeners are
used w/o problems, i won't worry about it.  If i find out they're not
used at all and can't figure out what they're good for, then i would
happily be rid of them. :)

all input is welcome!