velocity-user mailing list archives

From "LAU, Roger, GBM" <Roger....@rbs.com>
Subject RE: velocity.properties isn't being read
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:03:38 GMT
thanks for the fast reply Nathan.

OK, I've added the following to velocity.properties

webapp.resource.loader.path = /templates/

I've updated my web.xml as you suggested. Now when I'm getting this output on stdout...

INFO: Server startup in 1844 ms
23-Jul-2008 16:54:51 org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.ServletToolboxManager getInstance
INFO: Using config file '/WEB-INF/toolbox.xml'
23-Jul-2008 16:54:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
INFO: FileResourceLoader : adding path '.'
23-Jul-2008 16:54:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
SEVERE: ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'trade_profile.vm' in any resource loader.

It looks like it's still using the FileResourceLoader.
I also tried adding the following to velocity.properties

resource.loader = webapp

and got the same result as above. I then tried the following entry

resource.loader =

with the same results. Any ideas?