velocity-user mailing list archives

From "LAU, Roger, GBM" <Roger....@rbs.com>
Subject toolbox.xml problem
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:33:44 GMT
Hi,

my templates are not able to access the tools I have configured in my toolbox.xml file. I've
tried both <data> and <tool> elements with no success. I am using the VelocityViewServlet.
I've confirmed that the correct toolbox.xml file is being read through setting deliberately
incorrect class names for the DateTool and seeing resulting errors in the Catalina.log file.

Here is my toolbox.xml files. Can anyone shine any light this please.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<toolbox>
  <data type="number">
     <key>libor</key>
     <value>5.5609</value>
  </data>
  <!-- logger object-->
  <tool>
    <key>logger</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.log.LogSystemCommonsLog</class>
  </tool>
  <!-- format dates-->
  <tool>
    <key>date</key>
    <scope>request</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.DateTool</class>
    <parameter name="format" value="yyyy-M-d"/>
  </tool>
  <!-- format number-->
  <tool>
    <key>number</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.NumberTool</class>
  </tool>
</toolbox>

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St
Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
www.rbs.com
www.rbs.com/gbm
www.rbsgc.com