velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <sknystau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignoring/rewriting SSI commands with VelocityLayoutServlet
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:16:19 GMT
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Nathan Bubna <nbubna@gmail.com> wrote:
> What version of Velocity, and what does your directive.properties look
> like now?  Did you redo the numbers or is directive.2 just missing?
> Is it only #macro that breaks?  Or is that just the first error
> message you get because Velocity loads your macro library on startup.
>
> Macro.java does not internally depend on Include.java, so there's more
> to this than you allege.

I'm sorry but this is not correct, which is why I wanted to mention it
on this unanswered user list.  Please refer to a thread I was on on
July 3rd 2008 with the subject "Velocity arg init issue".  Here is the
salient message:

=========================
Wow, figured this one out. :(  I doubt anyone else will hit this, but
wanted to post it so nobody else wastes their time on this.

The issue is that when the Macro directive initializes itself, when it
comes across a macro with args, it creates a VMProxyArg.  For reasons
I don't (need to) grasp, it creates some temporary velocity code that
uses the Include directive and does a quick parse/evaluate on it.
Once I re-enabled the include directive, things worked again.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501