velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Cannot find templates
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 17:12:02 GMT
All,

I'm using velocity 1.4 and velocity-tools 1.4 and we're upgrading to a
new production box. I'm testing the application out and it looks like
Velocity can't find any templates. :(

Here's the exception:

2008-10-06 11:57:58,618 [TP-Processor1] ERROR
org.childhealthcare.diagnosis.servlet.VelocityLayoutServlet- Error
servicing /chadis/home/admin.vm
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource '/home/admin.vm'
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:458)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.getResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:341)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:831)
        at
org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.getTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:491)
        at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.getTemplate(VelocityViewServlet.java:729)

Here is my full velocity.properties:

#
# velocity.properties for production use.
#

velocimacro.library = /WEB-INF/VM_global_library.vm
velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline = true
velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.replace.global = false
velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.local.scope = false
velocimacro.context.localscope = false

#
# Explicitly set the resource loader.
#
resource.loader=webapp
webapp.resource.loader.class=org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.WebappLoader
webapp.resource.loader.cache=true
webapp.resource.loader.path=.

# Turn off template re-loading
webapp.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval=0

The files I'm attempting to load are definitely in the webapp's
deployment directory. I checked, and the directories all leading up to
my deployment directory all have the r and x bits set, and the server is
running as the same user that did the (manual un-war) deployment. This
works no problem in 4 other environments, so I must be overlooking
something really stupid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-chris