velocity-user mailing list archives

From Mark Fenbers <Mark.Fenb...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: Velocity Logging
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:50:37 GMT
Byron,

Thanks!  Your info was quite helpful and I was able to read in the file
(finally!) using Velocity.init() -- as you show below, but when I used
Velocity.setProperty() to set the "runtime.log" as you have shown below,
it gets ignored.  If I remove the runtime.log entry in the properties
file, then the default log is used instead (./velocity.log).  What I
wish is to use a different velocity log file for each user (as different
users will use separate instances of my software concurrently).  My
software is a standalone GUI application written in Java 5, not a web
app.  How can I specify a log file name (determined at run-time) if the
setProperty() method does not work??

Mark