velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignoring/rewriting SSI commands with VelocityLayoutServlet
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:30:36 GMT
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Serge Knystautas
<serge@prestosports.com> wrote:

> Nathan Bubna wrote:
>>
>> no, there's no interaction.
>>
>> On 7/30/07, White, Tim <Tim.White@qwest.com> wrote:
>>> Hmmm.  I removed #include from directive.properties, and now #macro
>>> doesn't work.  Looks like they depend on each other in some manner?
>>

> This came up recently on the developer list... #macro does require #include
> unfortunately.  I've had to re-enable #include because of this and am
> hitting the same bug (hence how I found this user list thread).
>
> Anyway, would be nice to change how #macro works to be able to disable
> #include again, but I don't have time right now.

What version of Velocity, and what does your directive.properties look
like now?  Did you redo the numbers or is directive.2 just missing?
Is it only #macro that breaks?  Or is that just the first error
message you get because Velocity loads your macro library on startup.

Macro.java does not internally depend on Include.java, so there's more
to this than you allege.