velocity-user mailing list archives

From Peter_F...@blm.gov
Subject Re: Cannot find templates
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:10:27 GMT
I'm still thinking that the loader path is the key to your problem; if it
were me I'd be experimenting with setting different likely values (such as
'/' or the webapp name). I'd also want to confirm that Velocity is actually
reading the right property file (I've been caught out by that one before,
where it was using default settings because my .properties wasn't in the
right place).

As I mentioned I usually jar up the templates, but before I started doing
that as a matter of course I'd put the templates under WEB-INF - that way
it makes it impossible for a client to request raw templates by name.

--Pete

Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote on 10/06/2008
01:59:56 PM:

> Peter,
>
> Peter_Ford@blm.gov wrote:
> > Don't you have to set webapp.resource.loader.path=/WEB-INF/?
>
> Definitely not: my templates are in the webapp's root, not inside
WEB-INF.