velocity-user mailing list archives

From kLy <q...@army.com>
Subject How to call a Java method with params from velocity?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 10:29:11 GMT

Hi

I'm using velocity for Jira at the moment. Very noob to Velocity, but it
seems that every reference you write automatically gets the toString called?
So I'm not able to write: $customfield.getValue($issue) since it essentially
calls $customfield.getValue($issue.toString()) right? Which of course won't
be right.

My code is this:

#foreach ($cf in
$custfields)&customfield_$cf.getIdAsLong()=$cf.getValue($issue)#end
which gives this error for the getValue statement: "is not a valid
reference"

The $cf and $issue references should be correct since the other methods get
called correctly.

Thanks!