velocity-user mailing list archives

From kLy <q...@army.com>
Subject Re: How to call a Java method with params from velocity?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:36:10 GMT

Hey

Thanks for the help :)

I cannot be certain how installing velocity 1.5 will affect Jira so I don't
think I can actually risk that for our running system.

Here's the output from the commands

CON-83838 class com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueImpl
Affected Version class com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl
Bugzilla Id class com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl
Complexity class com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl
Dataset class com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl
Featureset class com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl
Tags class com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl
Test Case class com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl

It seems like they're all CustomFieldImpl.

And the output from the log is:

2008-12-11 09:27:55,647 http-8080-Processor24 WARN [velocity]
org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference :
template = templates/create-dep-bug.vm [line 3,column 260] :
${cf.getValue($issue)} is not a valid reference.
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:277)
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:166)
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:114)
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:230)
	at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:256)

Thanks :)

Could you try using a newer version of Velocity?  There were some
changes made between 1.4 and 1.5 in how these things were
introspected.  Testing with a newer version would help rule out any
old, fixed bugs.

Also, can you tell me what output you get when you do:

$issue
$issue.class
#foreach( $cf in $custfields )
$cf
$cf.class
#end

This should just confirm that all the references are what we think they are.

And lastly, would you let me know the whole line from your logs that
indicates the error for getValue?