velocity-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: Injecting properties into Velocity...
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:10:28 GMT
Nathan Bubna wrote:
> or you can use VelocityTools' ResourceTool class.  For this, you can
> either use the VelocityTools infrastructure to put it into the context
> or do something like:
>
> context.put("text", new ResourceTool().bundle("labels"));
>
> and then do
>
> $text.username

We are using Velocity inside a Turbine application which does the same
thing (Turbine pull tool, however). Does anyone have experience with
managing these resources together with the template files?

We are currently trying to use the GNU gettext tools to keep the
relation between the bundle and the template file but xgettext does not
support the syntax "$l10n.key". Anyone having a better idea?

Bye, Thomas.