velocity-user mailing list archives

From Charles Harvey III <charl...@alloy.com>
Subject two VelocityViewServlets loading the same properties file
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 02:57:10 GMT
Hello.
Seems I have a problem.  I have two VelocityViewServlets configured in
my web.xml.
One for *.vm files and one for *.css files.  The one for css files is so
I can
do $link.setRelative() on my images in stylesheets.

But, each of these is different.  For .vm files I use the
VelocityLayoutServlet.
For .css I use VelocityViewServlet.  For .vm the contentType is
text/html.  For
.css it is text/css.

Thing is, the second servlet isn't reading its own properties file like
it should.
The first properties file is getting cached somehow and its properties
are being
read into the second servlet.  This was not happening in 1.4 but it is
happening
in 2.0-beta3.

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.velocity.tools.view.VelocityLayoutServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.velocity.properties</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/velocity.properties</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.velocity.toolbox</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/tools.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>10</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<servlet>
    <servlet-name>velocityCss</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.velocity.tools.view.VelocityViewServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.velocity.properties</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/velocity_css.properties</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.velocity.toolbox</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/tools.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>20</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.vm</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>velocityCss</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.css</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

All my stylesheets keep coming up with the text/html contentType.  That
second properties
file is completely ignored.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.  Thanks a lot.

Charlie