velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on Velocity parsing
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:39:07 GMT
First, you should not be using VelocityServlet, but instead use
VelocityViewServlet.  As for parsing files more quickly, there is only
one parsing method available at this time.  You are welcome to try
serializing them, though i'm not aware of any effort to enable or aid
that process.  It may not be workable.

Just be sure you have caching on so that you only have to incur the
parsing time once and use the latest version of Velocity (1.6).  Also,
try to simplify your templates if you still need more speed.  I'm
afraid that's about all that can be done right now.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:28 AM, bluejoe <bluejoe@sdb.cnic.cn> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
>    Now I use Velocity and VelocityServlet to generate template files (just like JSP pages)
according to model template files, but I find the first-time loading cost much time. Can you
tell me how to parse Velocity templates more quickly? Or is it ok to serailize parsed templates
(It seems that they will be parsed as SimpleNodes) into files? I need your help.