velocity-user mailing list archives

From Byron Foster <by...@base2.cc>
Subject Re: throws Exception ??????
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 02:02:14 GMT
Funny, I was just looking at this because I was also bothered by the
fact that many methods throw Exception.  I made the changes to remove
Exception but found that the ResourceLoader also throws Exception, and
removing it would break this plugin for existing users (Even though I
doubt it is really used that much).  I plan to make the changes, but
It will have to be a 1.7, or 2.0 change.

It looks like there has already been some work that moves Velocity in
the direction of unchecked Exceptions, and removing throwing Exception
would complete it.