velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Steve O'Hara" <soh...@pivotal-solutions.co.uk>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] VelocityTools 2.0-beta3 release
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:54:21 GMT
Hi Nathan

Excellent work as always, very much appreciated.

However, a method that appears to have been dropped from
VelocityViewServlet is setVelocityEngine.  I had hoped that this would
be superseded by setVelocityView but alas not and I'm guessing it's
because you didn't think anyone was/should be using it?

In our environment we allow the web administrator to change some of the
fundamental Velocity configuration parameters whilst the app is running
e.g. Template Caching etc.  When they do this, we use our extended
VelocityViewServlet class to unload the current VelocityEngine and
reload it with a new one that has been configured with the new values.

Without a way of setting the new VelocityView I don't have any way of
doing this in 2.0.

Is there another way of telling the shared VelocityView to reload itself
perhaps?

Cheers,

Steve