velocity-user mailing list archives

From "carlo latasa" <clat...@gmail.com>
Subject Hacking Old Tags...
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 23:57:28 GMT
So I'm trying to support the old Velocity Tag format listed here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/velocity-tags-old.html
using the latest Struts and Velocity jars.

One very janky way of doing it (maybe) is to implement a macro like this:

#macro(tag $type $label $name $size $ref )....

then just switch on the type and either call the existing #s type tags or if
it's a Component then include the $ref .vm.

The first issue is how to pass a parameter ($type in this case) to a macro
that isn't in quotes.

If your asking yourself "why is this guy trying to do this???!!!" it's
because I have hundreds and hundreds of existing .vm pages that all use the
Old tag format and I don't want to mess with them.

Thanks,

Carlo.