velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Manish" <prol...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: LinkTool and xHTML
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 07:13:40 GMT

> Thanks, I am using Velocity Tools 1.1 (using standard StrutsLinkTool) and thus
> use toolbox.xml - how do I set the "xhtml" property to true here? This doesn't
> seem to work -
>
>    <tool xhtml="true">
>        <key>link</key>
>        <scope>request</scope>
>        <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.StrutsLinkTool</class>
>    </tool>
>
> Do I need to subclass it? Is there a simpler way to set this property in
> toolbox.xml (google is just showing me tools.xml examples)
>
> rgds,
> - Manish

I tried this as well, but it's not working either! :(

    <tool>
        <key>link</key>
        <scope>request</scope>
        <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.StrutsLinkTool</class>
        <property name="xhtml" value="true"/>
    </tool>

Obviously, I can subclass it very easily -- but the organizational policies may
not allow using custom tools for links when StrutsLinkTool is available. :(
Is it not possible to configure tools in Velocity tools 1.x? New Velocity tools
2 seem to make it quite easy!

TIA,
- Manish