velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: velocimarco.library property and StringResourceLoader
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:53:52 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Raymond Auge <rauge@liferay.com> wrote:
> I do have a question of my own. How many strings in the repository is
> too many? Or an overall size. Can they have a time-to-live?

There is currently no limit besides the available memory.   There's
also no expiry for them.  StringResourceRepositoryImpl just uses a
synchronized hashmap to store StringResource instances.   But
StringResourceRepository is an interface, so fancier implementations
are possible.  You would just have to set the
string.resource.loader.repository.class property or manually set the
repo via:

StringResourceLoader.setRepository(StringResourceLoader.REPOSITORY_NAME_DEFAULT,
myStringResourceRepo);