velocity-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Caching for VelocityEngine's evaluate(VelocityContext, Writer, String, String) method?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 11:49:30 GMT

On Jan 5, 2009, at 6:49 PM, Caleb Jones wrote:

> Thanks.  That's exactly what I need.  Sorry, I didn't mention that I
> was
> working under velocity 1.5.  I'll upgrade to 1.6.1.

You don't need to upgrade to get a "String" resource loader if you
don't mind coding a little custom one.  Here's an example of pulling
templates from an HTTP request (indirectly, through Solr's
infrastructure):

	<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/contrib/velocity/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/request/SolrParamResourceLoader.java

Maybe I should be using the new StringResourceLoader though.

	Erik