velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Caleb Jones" <calebjo...@gmail.com>
Subject Caching for VelocityEngine's evaluate(VelocityContext, Writer, String, String) method?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:32:31 GMT
I, for better or worse, need to load my velocity templates as Strings.
Thus, in order to parse them, I am using VelocityEngine's
evaluate(VelocityContext, Writer, String, String) method.  As far as I can
tell, this evaluate() method does not do AST caching, no?

I have three questions:
  1. Does the evaluate() method do AST caching?
  2. If not, is there a way to load a velocity template as a string and have
the velocity engine do AST caching?
  3. If not, how do I request this feature?  It seems like doing AST caching
for template strings passed into evaluate() would be fairly straight
forward.  Perhaps have this as a config option (ie:
string.resource.loader.cache=true).