velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Caleb Jones" <calebjo...@gmail.com>
Subject velocimarco.library property and StringResourceLoader
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 23:54:45 GMT
Following the Javadoc for StringResourceLoader I have my velocity.properties
setup as follows:

-------------------------------
template.encoding = UTF8
input.encoding=UTF-8
output.encoding=UTF-8
velocimacro.library=VM_global_library.vm
resource.loader = string
string.resource.loader.description = Velocity StringResource loader
string.resource.loader.class =
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.StringResourceLoader
string.resource.loader.repository.class =
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.util.StringResourceRepositoryImpl
--------------------------------

The problem I have is that Velocity cannot find my VM_global_library.vm.  I
can see why the StringResourceLoader wouldn't know what to do with
"VM_global_library.vm", but I as per the velocimacro.library docs at
http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/developer-guide.html:

----------------------------------
velocimacro.library = VM_global_library.vm
Multi-valued key. Will accept CSV for value. Filename(s) of Velocimacro
library to be loaded when the Velocity Runtime engine starts. These
Velocimacros are accessable to all templates. The file is assumed to be
relative to the root of the file loader resource path.

...it doesn't mention how or if this can be configured when using a
StringResourceLoader.

What is the best way to load global macro files when using a
StringResourceLoader?