velocity-user mailing list archives

From rhild <rh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tools 1.4=>2.0 upgrade, configuration question
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:25:53 GMT

I was using beta 2.  I just updated to beta 3 and all is well now. I don't
know why I didn't notice sooner I was one version behind.

While I have your attention a few more questions.  I see that beta 3
includes velocity 1.5.  Is there any reason to think the beta 3 would have
any problems with the latest 1.6.1?

Since I am already extending VelocityViewServlet it would be cleaner to
override int() there to configure the engine rather than extend
VelocityView, if it will work the way I want. I want velocity.properties to
be used and then add to or modify from there. If I understand the code you
gave overriding init() it is throwing out the original config and starting
from scratch, which is not what I want.  Am I understanding that code
correctly? If so, is there an easy way to modify the config versus starting
from scratch in init().  If the answer is no, that's OK.  What I have now
works.

thanks,

-Ray