velocity-user mailing list archives

From Pete Ford <p_f...@mindspring.com>
Subject Beta release of Valentine package
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:37:57 GMT
I've just released a beta version of Valentine, a package intended to make it easier to build
documents and web pages from reusable VTL fragments under the control of layout files in XML.
The package can be downloaded from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/valentine/

There are three files available: the Valentine JAR (which contains all the Java source files),
the PDF user/developer guide and a WAR file that contains a complete, self-contained demonstration
including sample layouts and sources - to use it, simply deploy it in an application server
and launch it. It's been tested under GlassFish v2.1 and has also had a cursory test under
Tomcat 6.0.18.

If people like this package I'd like to see about donating the code to the community (either
as an Apache subproject or as part of Velocity).

Feedback is appreciated. I'll be watching the tracker on SourceForge as time permits (daily,
at least) although I have to point out that my time is limited and I may not be able to respond
the same day.