velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tool variables not rendering
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:21:23 GMT
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 4:52 PM,  <david_fuchs@owfg.com> wrote:
> My apologies for the previous message, I now realize that my toolbox.xml
> file was malformed - the sample I started with was apparently for
> version 2.x, not 1.x.  I've rewritten the toolbox.xml file in the 1.x
> format and all is fine.
>
> It does make me wonder, however, if it's an issue that VelocityTools
> read my malformed toolbox.xml without any warnings.  Certainly, this
> would have short-circuited my troubleshooting efforts.

Well, that's a side effect of using Commons-Digester more than
anything.  It won't be fixed in 1.4, as work on 1.x is largely done.
It would be sensible, though, to have Tools say something when it
loads a config file and doesn't get any tool info out of it.  I'll
look into doing that for 2.x.

> Otherwise, it's an awesome project and a joy to use.  Thanks!
>
> -David

>                Please consider the environment before printing this email or its attachments
> Note: This message is only intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain
> information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the
> intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone (604-888-2079)
or electronically by return