velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Chachad, Ketan" <Ketan.Chac...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.Log4JLogChute initialization failed
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 04:58:08 GMT
The stack trace is as follows:
org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: Failed to initialize an
instance of org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.Log4JLogChute with the
current runtime configuration.
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.LogManager.createLogChute(LogManager.jav
a:206)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.LogManager.updateLog(LogManager.java:255
)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeLog(RuntimeInstanc
e.java:795)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:25
0)
at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.init(VelocityEngine.java:107)
at
site.app.action.webapp.WebAppStandardAction.executeSupAction(WebAppStand
ardAction.java:123)
at site.app.action.AppAction.executeAction(AppAction.java:78)
at site.app.struts.AbstractAction.execute(AbstractAction.java:108)
at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr
ocessor.java:421)
at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
226)
at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:415)
at org.apache.struts.action.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
at org.apache.struts.action.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

Log4J version used by the web application is 1.2.8.

Please let me know if there are any settings need to be done in the
log4j.properties file or while setting the properties of VelocityEngine
object before calling its init() method.

Regards,
Ketan K. Chachad