velocity-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject [tools-2.0] How to create HTTP-request-based application-wide tool
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:28:33 GMT
Hi all
I need to create a tool that is based on HTTP requests for Tiles 2. I
succesfully did it through extending "ImportSupport" class, so I can
access the request protected field.
However, I don't feel comfortable with this solution, because this
tool needs to be request-scoped and I need to create, at every
request, a lot of objects that are potentially reusable.
Is there a way to make this tool application-wide? Or is there a way
(a repository?) to access a registered application-wide object,
instead of creating it over and over?

Thanks a lot in advance
Antonio