velocity-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>
Subject Re: Veloeclipse 2.0.8 Release
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 13:57:09 GMT
Hey Byron,  (Is there a more appropriate list I can bring this
discussion back to???)

I'm really enjoying the latest version of the plugin btw... it's very
stable and works almost flawlessly.

I have two small things to point out:

1 - tabbing of array or map elements only allows a single tab width.

e.g. given the following code:

1|#set ($sorts = $searchTool.getSorts([
2|	["modified", "LONG_TYPE", true],
3|	["_custom-title", "STRING_TYPE", false]
4|]))

The editor will only allow line 2 to be tabbed in either a single tab
width... repeated tabs strikes just keeps toggling between 1 or 0 tabs.

Once line 2 is tabbed in one tab, line 3 will only tab in 1 or 2 tab
markers.

I think this is just some quirkiness with the editor implementation...
but it doesn't happen with other editors in Eclipse. Of course I can
enter as many spaces as I want.. but that's not exactly desired.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to tab arbitrary lines at will.

This is my preferred formatting of the above (showing tab markets):

1|#set ($sorts = $searchTool.getSorts([
2|->	->	["modified", "LONG_TYPE", true],
3|->	->	["_custom-title", "STRING_TYPE", false]
4|->	]))

2 - (wish list) tool references in the context of the editor.

It would be extremely slick if there were an editor preference which
allowed listing the tools (by name) available in the context and
associate a class (from the classpath), such that we can have content
assist and auto-completion. Macros are working perfectly, but tools
don't currently have any support. That would be extremely cool.

Anyway, thanks for a great plugin.

Ray

On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 17:19 -0700, Byron Foster wrote:

> Version 2.0.8 of Veloeclipse has been released.  This addresses a
> couple of bugs, and a few minor feature improvements.  Details are here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/veloeclipse/wiki/changes
>
> Veloeclipse is a Velocity smart editor plugin for the Eclipse IDE:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/veloeclipse/

Raymond Augé
Senior Software Engineer
Liferay, Inc.