velocity-user mailing list archives

From Matt Brown <Matt.Br...@citrixOnline.com>
Subject RE: Velocity Variables are accepted in JavaScript Array??
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:44:09 GMT
Are you sure that $allShowList is a non-empty list?

Let's say the list has five items - then your foreach loop is effectively generating the following
javascript:

suggestions.push(...);

Where "..." is the elements of the list.

The fact that it works in your latter case (when you explicitly give a value to the variable)
and not in the former (which because it is a foreach loop, relies on $allShowList to NOT be
empty) suggests that you have issues with the list itself.

What does the rendered HTML/Javascript show?

I think you might be confused on what Velocity does (generates the HTML or whatever other
files, at request-time) and where Javascript comes into play (once a user's browser 'runs'
the page).

-----Original Message-----
From: Int64 [mailto:vineetbindal@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:05 AM
To: user@velocity.apache.org
Subject: Velocity Variables are accepted in JavaScript Array??

I am developing an Ajax AutoComplete using javascript.

I have an Array in which i am adding elements.

	var suggestions = new Array();

#foreach($show in $allShowList)

suggestions.push($show);

#end

when i do the above it does not add the variables to the list(it doesnt display then in autosuggest)

but if i do
$show="someValue"
suggestions.push($show);

Then it adds this thing

Can some1 tell me why, is it a type compatibility issue?