velocity-user mailing list archives

From Mark Fenbers <Mark.Fenb...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: Resource from a jar file
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 01:48:47 GMT
Nathan Bubna wrote:
> I think org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.JarResourceLoader
> was created to help with such situations.

OK, I read up on JarResourceLoader() and put the appropriate resource
loader entries into the velocity.properties file, but now I have a new
problem in that if I am not using a Jar file, it dumps a stack trace.
My program can run from Eclipse, from a JVM, or from a jar file.  I want
to avoid having a separate velocity.properties file for each way the
program can be run.  Is there a way the velocity.properties file can be
configured so that it doesn't matter if the program is run from a jar or
from a JVM?

Mark