velocity-user mailing list archives

From Mark Fenbers <Mark.Fenb...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: Resource from a jar file
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 01:54:25 GMT
Amidst this dialog, the thought occurred to me that templates are made
to be customized (or what would be the point of Velocity?), and so I
realized that these template really don't belong in a Jar file anyway.
If they were, people who know little about Java would have to un-jar the
templates, modify them, and re-jar them before my app would read them.
So it now makes sense to just read these from the file system, rather
than from a jar file...

Thanks, anyway, as I learned some important things in the process.

Mark