velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Vernon" <...@vicina.info>
Subject Encoding issue
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:57:43 GMT
I use the Velocity for email template. It works great other than an
encoding issue. I have non-European language text on a vm file. The part
of text doesn't show up properly while the filled in text does. The file
editor, Eclipse, is UTF-8 encoded. And I have toying around

		velocityEngine.setProperty(VelocityEngine.INPUT_ENCODING, "UTF-8");
		velocityEngine.setProperty(VelocityEngine.OUTPUT_ENCODING, "UTF-8");
		velocityEngine.setProperty(VelocityEngine.ENCODING_DEFAULT, "UTF-8");

and the meta tag in the vm file without a luck.

What is a solution?

Thanks in advance.

--
www.vicina.info - your local community information service

News portal - quick, easy browses more than 4,000 news entries from all
major news agencies around the world.
Community news - share your story with others in your community.
Service directory - find or review local places to eat, shop, relax, and
play.
Classified ad - post and browse free classified ads in your neighbourhood.