velocity-user mailing list archives

From Byron Foster <by...@base2.cc>
Subject Re: Velocity Variables are accepted in JavaScript Array??
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 01:43:23 GMT
Looking at the generated javascript should reveal all. If in Velocity
you say

#set($foo = "bar")
suggest.push("$foo")
suggest.push($foo)

will render as:

suggest.push("bar")
suggest.push(bar)

When the javascript runs the second line is referencing a variable
'bar' which is not defined, and will cause a javascript error.

If you have the error console running in your browser, you should see
javascript errors to this effect.