velocity-user mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: Escaping question
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:12:34 GMT
Okay, I wrote too soon.  I now see the escape tool and its hash method
in tools 1.4.  My bad.

I still don't understand what, if anything, I need to do to configure my
application to use it.  My present configuation is done entirely in Java:

    private void init(ServletContext ctx) throws
VelocityInitializationException {

        this.engine.setProperty(
RuntimeConstants.RUNTIME_LOG_LOGSYSTEM_CLASS,
          "org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.Log4JLogChute" );

        this.engine.setProperty("runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.logger",
                        "Velocity");

        this.engine.setProperty("velocimacro.library",
"/resources/VM_global_library.vm");

        this.engine.setProperty("resource.loader", "webapp");
        this.engine.setProperty("webapp.resource.loader.class",
                "org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.WebappLoader");

this.engine.setApplicationAttribute("javax.servlet.ServletContext", ctx);

        try {
            this.engine.init();
        } catch (Exception e) {
            throw new VelocityInitializationException(e);  // my own class
        }
        logHelper.info("following is initialization output from velocity");

    }

I assume my configuration information would go in here somewhere, but
I'm not sure where, or if anything is necessary.

Is something necessary, or, assuming velocity-tools-1.4.jar is in
WEB-INF/lib, can I just start using $esc.hash without any other
configuration?