velocity-user mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: Escaping question
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:53:49 GMT

Steve Cohen wrote:

(never mind any of what I wrote before, I have now boiled it down to one
hopefully intelligent question):

I am NOT using VelocityView but instantiating, configuring and
initializing a VelocityEngine in java code.  I don't use Velocity View.

Since I don't use VelocityView, and the documentation for Velocity Tools
assumes I do

(http://velocity.apache.org/tools/releases/1.4/generic/EscapeTool.html)
telling me this:

> *Toolbox Configuration Example*
>
> <tool>
>   <key>esc</key>
>   <scope>application</scope>
>   <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.EscapeTool</class>
> </tool>

how do I perform this same step in java code (i.e. what
applicationAttributes or runtime Properties must I set, in order for my
VelocityEngine to see the Tools generally or the EscapeTool in
particular (which is all I need)?