velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Escaping question
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:51:44 GMT
In VelocityTools 1.4, there is little support for auto-loading
GenericTools, i wouldn't bother.  Just create a context, add tool
instances that you want and then use the already available
context-chaining support in VelocityContext to use that "tool" context
as a base context for other ones.

In VelocityTools 2.0, you can just create a ToolManager and ask it for
a ToolContext (which you can use like a standard VelocityContext) via
the createContext() method.  Auto-loading definitely requires a
special context.