velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Escaping question
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:55:45 GMT
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Nathan Bubna<nbubna@gmail.com> wrote:
> In VelocityTools 1.4, there is little support for auto-loading
> GenericTools, i wouldn't bother.  Just create a context, add tool
> instances that you want and then use the already available
> context-chaining support in VelocityContext to use that "tool" context
> as a base context for other ones.

just to clarify, since i just noticed you are creating a webapp.  you
could use the ServletToolboxManager in 1.4 to manage your tools
without using the VelocityViewServlet at all.  ask if you want more
info on that.

> In VelocityTools 2.0, you can just create a ToolManager and ask it for
> a ToolContext (which you can use like a standard VelocityContext) via
> the createContext() method.  Auto-loading definitely requires a
> special context.

oh, and in 2.0, you would not need to do any configuration.  just get
a ToolContext and go, tools are lazy-loaded when used, so all are
configured to be available by default.