velocity-user mailing list archives

From <Johann.We...@eventim.de>
Subject AW: getEncodingFromStream from UnicodeInputStream
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 06:36:34 GMT
It is in org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.getTemplate(String name, String encoding)
They sure do when you're using BOM in your templates. I though it would be nice to use the
encoding which was determined by UnicodeInputStream.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mailmur [mailto:mailmur@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 13. Juli 2009 21:16
An: Velocity Users List
Betreff: Re: getEncodingFromStream from UnicodeInputStream

I think its not possible, its basicly an internal bytesToChars issue to know about encoding.
Textual templates know nothing about byte storage they run at character level nor know nothing
about template loader instance was used.

What is it getTemplate() method you mean, can you point me to the class?
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/engine/trunk/src/java/org/apache/velocity/