velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Swinson" <Mark.Swin...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject Velocity URL Resource Loader: Resource Not Found
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:47:00 GMT

Hi,

I'm having trouble access a template using URLResourceLoader using
something similar to the following code:

Properties p1 = new Properties();
p1.put("resource.loader","url");
p1.put("url.resource.loader.class",
       "org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.URLResourceLoader");
p1.put("url.resource.loader.root",
     	"http://www.internalwebserver.co.uk/");

VelocityEngine ve = new VelocityEngine();
ve.init(p1);

Template t = ve.getTemplate("test.html");

but I'm getting a Resource Not Found Exception.

Has anyone had a similar experience , when accessing a URL through a
resource.

One thing I thought of was that the receiving machine is behind a
firewall and needs to go through a proxy.
Is velocity proxy aware , can it check for proxy settings. And if so
how?

Thanks for any help

Mark

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are
not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately.