velocity-user mailing list archives

From Bogdan Mocanu <bogdan.mocanu.notificati...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring Velocity engine with Texen and Ant
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:20:49 GMT
Hello,

I am using Velocity 1.6.2, Texen 1.0, XmlGen and Ant inside a project
and I cannot find a way to configure the Velocity engine properties. I
am able to configure the context properties (that is, the properties
that are injected in the Velocity context) but not the Velocity engine
itself.

I looked through the Velocity dev guide (the section with configuring
the Velocity engine), then the Texen documentation (which is very
small), then checked out the sources for Velocity 1.6.2 and Texen 1.0
(the branch). From what I saw, it is not possible to do this because
Texen, inside TexenTask, configures only 5-6 properties, but doesn't
allow for injection of other overriding properties.

Is there anyone else that is using Texen in a project? Am I missing
something?
Perhaps there is a way to place the velocity.properties file somewhere
in the classpath, for the Velocity engine to pick it up (although I
tried that also, and didn't worked).

Thanks for taking the time to read my question,
Bogdan Mocanu