velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Correct License citation
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:25:15 GMT
You aren't actually required to put reference of this in the About
screen of the app.  If you are distributing the application, my
understanding is that you should put attribution in a NOTICE file, but
if not distributing (and just running on your own server), you don't
*need* to do anything license-wise.   If you wish to give credit,
however, typically the phrase "Powered by Apache Velocity" with
"Apache Velocity" being a link to http://velocity.apache.org would be
appreciated.