velocity-user mailing list archives

From Kai Kousa <kai.ko...@jadecon.fi>
Subject Problems while testing templates with JUnit
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 06:37:24 GMT
Hi!

I'm using Velocity-1.6.2 to render some javascripts. To make sure it's
working, I have written a test case that compares the generated string
to the expected string.

I'm now at a point where the test case is failing but I cannot figure
out why. Eclipse's JUnit plugin can't even show the difference between
the generated and the expected strings. I've tried saving the results to
separate files and running diff on them. But even diff can't notice any
difference between the two strings. However, when call length()-method
on both string they return different results(563 and 571).

In a nutshell: the generated string doesn't seem to have any differences
between to expected string but the test still fails.

Any ideas what might cause this? Something to do with encodings or similar?

Thanks,
Kai