velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inhrited public methods not visible to Velocity
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:37:45 GMT
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Steve O'Hara
<sohara@pivotal-solutions.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a class that extends an abstract class which is placed into a
> Velocity context.  However, the public methods of the abstract class are
> not visible to Velocity.

is the abstract class public?  VelocityTools itself does this successfully.

> I looked at the source code and can see that getDeclaredMethods() is
> being used rather than getMethods()
>
> Is there a reason for that?

Yes, the intention is to support public methods declared in public
classes.  So we navigate the class heirarchy looking for those.

It's also always helpful with such questions to mention the version of
Velocity being used.