velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Non-resetable iterator warning
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:05:35 GMT
All,

I'm using Velocity 1.4 (yeah, I know) and I'm getting these warnings:

> INFO:  Velocity   [warn] Warning! The iterative  is an Iterator in
> the #foreach() loop at [0,0] in template [my template]. Because it's
> not resetable, if used in more than once, this may lead to unexpected
> results.

A couple of questions:

1. Where is the name of the iterator and the correct template location?
I can easily find it in my template - fortunately, I'm only using an
iterator for iteration in one place - but the warning message looks like
it's got a hole in it, and the location (0,0) is clearly wrong.

2. Is there a way to disable this warning? It's filling up my production
log files. I'm intentionally using an Iterator for iteration because I
want to call "remove" on it after processing.

I looked for various configuration keys but couldn't find anything relevant.

Thanks,
-chris