velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non-resetable iterator warning
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 22:47:03 GMT
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Christopher Schultz
<chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm using Velocity 1.4 (yeah, I know) and I'm getting these warnings:
>
>> INFO:  Velocity   [warn] Warning! The iterative  is an Iterator in
>> the #foreach() loop at [0,0] in template [my template]. Because it's
>> not resetable, if used in more than once, this may lead to unexpected
>> results.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1. Where is the name of the iterator and the correct template location?
> I can easily find it in my template - fortunately, I'm only using an
> iterator for iteration in one place - but the warning message looks like
> it's got a hole in it, and the location (0,0) is clearly wrong.
>
> 2. Is there a way to disable this warning? It's filling up my production
> log files. I'm intentionally using an Iterator for iteration because I
> want to call "remove" on it after processing.
>
> I looked for various configuration keys but couldn't find anything relevant.

all relevant things were fixes for these problems in subsequent
versions.  seriously, i can't remember anything related to this except
the fixes.  tally one for reasons to upgrade.  please, if i were
omnipotent, i would strike all pre-1.6 versions from existence and
force you to upgrade. ;)