velocity-user mailing list archives

From Doug Carter <dcar...@mercycorps.org>
Subject Controlling velocity runtime behavior
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:35:04 GMT

Hi All,

I know of a few ways of solving this problem, but I thought I'd check
with you all, in the likely case I'm reinventing the wheel.

Recently we implemented Single-Sign-On for a velocity app in our
production environment, which I would like to disable in a development
environment. I was thinking about setting a property to control
application authentication. Something like a property file that doesn't
get checked into SCM, that contains settings based on the running
application environment.

Is there a "preferred" way of doing this with Velocity?  If not, do any of
you use or are you aware of an easy way to control run-time properties,
where you can easily disable functionality like authentication during
development?

TIA,

Doug