velocity-user mailing list archives

From Doug Carter <dcar...@mercycorps.org>
Subject Re: Controlling velocity runtime behavior
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:32:17 GMT

In my original quest to know if I'm in a development environment,
it occurred to me that we use different velocity properties between
production and development. For example, in development mode we set:

  velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.replace.global = true

If I could read this value from a template, then I would know if I'm
in development mode or not. Then based on this, I could enable/disable
other characteristics of the app, like if I'm in development mode,
don't authenticate.

Doug