velocity-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Referencing a property which contains "." in its name
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:31:13 GMT
On 9 March 2011 17:16, Nathan Bubna <nbubna@gmail.com> wrote:
> You will have to put the context into itself and do $context.get('abcd.defg')

OK, thanks, I wondered about using the context.

However I cannot add the context to the context, because the context
is created somewhere deep in Maven.

It would be really useful though as a debugging aid.

Would there be any point in enhancing the Velocity engine to
optionally self-add the context if e.g. a specific system property was
set?
Or perhaps via a properties file (not so useful with Maven, but
perhaps safer for other usages)?