velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD -- Novlog <j-b.bri...@novlog.com>
Subject Re: Directive indenting ?
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:04:52 GMT
OK, I'll try the FileResourceLoader as it failed at runtime with the WebappResourceLoader.
I already change the code to use StringBuilder.

I'll share it with pleasure !
Let me just validate it work for me with the FileResourceLoader.

On 23 mars 2011, at 14:01, Claude Brisson wrote:

> As noted on the wiki page, this custom resource loader extends WebappResourceLoader but
you can do exactly the same while extending FileResourceLoader.

> If you do so, be sure to share it! Also, the code could probably be optimized a bit (for
instance by using a StringBuilder instead of a String for its inner buffer).

>  Claude
>
> On 2011-03-23 10:47, Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD -- Novlog wrote:
>> It doesn't compile :
>> the WebappResourceLoader class is not found.
>> I guess it is in the velocity-tool.jar extra lib ... I'll try, I have several emergency
in parallel :-)
>> If my guess is correct, I'll just have to add a new dependency on my project.
>> I'll let you know.
>>
>> On 22 mars 2011, at 17:20, Claude Brisson wrote:
>>
>>> It's a very straightforward input filter that uses the common resource loading
API - it should work well with 1.7.

>>> It's the filter itself that should be considered beta.
>>>
>>> Claude

"#end" show up in the output, which I don't want to happen.

Template preprocesser:  my resource loader wraps a template's stream inside my own stream
implementation which filters template lines.  That is, if a line starts with "<white-space>#blah",
the initial spaces are trimmed off.

Velocity already provides an easier way to accomplish the same thing, I'd prefer that...